Nigerian Diaspora Direct Investment Summit (NDDIS)
This year, hundreds of Nigerians in the UK will again gather in a Business-to-Business Summit to interact with Nigerian Federal and State(s) Ministries and agencies, private institutions and business people to discuss business and investment opportunities in Nigeria and how they can all partner with others to invest in Nigeria.
The Theme for this year is:
Diaspora Investment and Job Creation in Nigeria
Since its inception, the Nigerian Diaspora Direct Investment Summit (NDDIS) has had highly successful summits attended by hundreds of investors, Nigerian state governors and their teams, Federal Ministers of Trade and Investments, DGs of Federal Parastatals amongst others. Our 1st summit in 2013 attracted in excess of 2,000 participants over 2 days whereas, we had over 700 delegates at the 2014 event. You can find more details about the NDDIS at the different year tabs above.
– Will provide the opportunity for Nigerian States to lay out their projects and programmes and to engage with the diaspora to maximize the effectiveness of every investment and every project.
– It will give the Federal Government and it parastatal Agencies the opportunity explain their strategies and the incentives and opportunities they are creating
– It will give the diaspora the opportunity to engage directly and bring forward projects and business opportunities that matter to them and their families and their communities.
– International investors will be offered qualified investment opportunities in Infrastructure, Agriculture, Industry and Services.
The Event Itself
The 4th Nigerian Diaspora Direct Summit is dedicated to mobilising the Diaspora to set up small and medium scale industries in Nigeria to create employment for young Nigerians to address the issues, to stimulate solutions, to create deals and to move beyond the usual ‘talkshop’. Nigeria’s huge Diaspora population can be a portent force for national transformation. The High Commissioner of Nigeria to the United Kingdom will declare The Summit open.
Click here for a breakdown of the activities over the 3-day event.
Diaspora and Foreign Investors
Federal Government delegates
National Assembly delegates and Committees
State Government delegates and Investors
Foreign Partners, Foreign Agencies
Funders & Technology Providers
Many Public and Private business leaders
Structure of the Summit:
– Conference to be addressed by Federal Government, state and other agency officials in charge of investment attraction to Nigeria. Governor Ambode of Lagos state has confirmed attendance and more are expected. There will be at least one state from each zone of Nigeria, South East, South South, South West, North East, North Central and North West who will pitch to the audience about their offerings to attract Diaspora investors
– Exhibition: There will be exhibition of companies and their products to attract investors
– Deal Room: The Deal room was created to bring investors and those who can make things happen to meet ‘face to face’ to advance their discussions and strike deals that result in businesses being developed.
NDDIS has been created to assist Nigerians and other investors in the Diaspora overcome bottlenecks in the areas of investment by bringing them into direct deal-room contact with important stakeholders from Nigeria. The NDDIS is reputed to be the biggest investment summit targeting Nigerian investors, their friends and partners outside of Nigeria.
NDDIS Nigerian Task Force Inaugurated in London
The NDDIS Task force has been inaugurated in London by the Chairman of the British African Business Alliance, David Smith and the CEO of the Nigerian Diaspora Direct Investment Summit, Chief Bimbo Roberts Folayan. This is in preparation towards the next Nigerian Diaspora Direct Investment Summit (NDDIS); Job Creation and Investment Summit. The Task Force will mobilise the Diaspora to start new initiatives to attract jobs and investments into Nigeria.
The task force will also support and help attract Diasporan project setup into Nigeria. The task force is made up of Nigerian experts from various fields: Otunba Tajudeen Obafemi Adenuga, Rita Nwokeji, Esther Stevens, Zaynab Adeleke Sholola, Shola Taiwo, Dele Jalad, Olanike Onyekachi Adexa, Abolly Abolanle, Toyin Solaru, Balogun Tsb, Adeola Banjo, Keh Olaleye, Uche Kay, Ene Ebong and Prince Tade Olusile. They will join the Steering committee of the NDDIS June Douglas, Theodora Nollywood, Ibekwe-Oyebade, Ernest Okwudike, Bukola Olofinjana, Margaret Ade, Odusanya Cllr, Michael Adeyeye, Jermaine Sanwooluto, etc. Prepare for this year’s event coming up soon… Watch out…